6′ kegger bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Im finishing out half of my basement and the perfect spot for my bar will only accomodate a 6′ bar. I can still do the kegger bar right? I just have to modify it a bit is all?

#19806 Score: 0

You right. My kegger bar was only 6ft also. On the plans you will notice some dimentions highlighted in yellow, these are related to the length of the bar. If you take 20” off the top, take that 20” off every length dimension. You will have to do some modifying to the keg box size also. You don’t really want to shrink it by the same size as you take off the length, you’re want to take alot of it off the other, non insulated side. But, yea, no problem making a smaller bar.

On the question of wood types, I know around me, there aren’t a lot of sources for exotic lumber…the Home Depots and Lowes carry pine, aspen, popular, and red oak. Depending on what you have to start with, ie fridge, fans, tools, etc, $1000 can get eatten up pretty quickly. I would recommend going to oak since it’s pretty common, then picking a stain you like. You can stain any wood cherry or a deep red. They all will look a bit different, but you will still get the deep, rich color.

Hope this helps.

-Jamie

#19807 Score: 0
      Anonymous

Yes, this helps very much. Thank you. By making the fridge smaller can it still accomodate two 5 gal kegs?

#19808 Score: 0
        Anonymous

I posted the same thing twice and I cant delete it, so I thought id come in and modify it to another question…

The same fridge that is recommended will still work though right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Easy Home Bar Plans