8′ kegger bar – Modifications

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m planning to build the 8′ kegger bar, but with a couple of modifications to it. I have a wall that will abut the bar on the right side (facing the bar from the back), so I’ll have to modify the side frame and attach it to that wall, and eliminate the footrest to the right of the side frame. I think I can handle the math involved, but this is my question. In reference to the plans, how far away are the Fridge Supports (items 20-22) from the Keg Box side supports (items 16-18), and in addition, how far apart are the Fridge Supports themselves. One more question; has anyone tried to use a combination of Pro-Pink insulation with the foil-faced bubble wrap type (as an outside layer in the keg box) and has anyone used an alternative to aluminum sheeting lining the keg box?? I’m sure I would speaking for the majority in saying that your plans are awesome!! I was pulling my hair out trying to think of a way to include a kegarator and bar fridge in my bar design, but your novel solution “The Keg Box” solves both problems elegantly. My Thanks and grateful compliments!!!
      Cheers All!!!

#19810 Score: 0

i am also building the 8ft kegger bar and have used both the pink insulation and the shiny aluminium insualtion. i used the shinie insulation for the inside of the keg box in case i wanted to incorporate a light inside – the walls will reflect light. i am still in the progress of constructing the fridge but i plan to use alumium tape over all the seams. I am really concerned that this might not keep the items cold enough but i am willing to give it a shot. No on to you keg supports you can realy make them how ever you like, you just want to make sure you will be able to put a keg in the box. I want to incorparte a fan (1 or 2) of them in the box but am not sure how to give them power. Any suggestions??

#19815 Score: 0
      Anonymous

FANS – FANS – FANS

The ONLY way to make the kegger project work well is to use fans to circulate air inside the keg box.

Check the pinned topic about how to make the keg box colder.

Use an old, or new PC (personal computer) power supply.
        The supply can be either dug out of an old PC or purchased online for about $15. The supply will power 4 fans, but you really only need two. One to cool the back of the fridge (external) and one to circulate air across the freezer plate inside the fridge.

Believe me, it does work!

I have now gone through 12 half barrels since last summer (2005) and except for an occasional power outage which turned off my fans, the keg box stays between 34-36′ F.
        The perfect temp for Miller Lite.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Easy Home Bar Plans