The EHBP-02 basic l-shaped bar is another simple design that’s great indoors or out for basement, patio or garage use. It is our easiest L-shaped bar configuration and a great project for the first time builder.
Designed as an inexpensive beer serving bar, this model is also a college frat house favorite. Sturdy yet easy and inexpensive to build. Indoor or Outdoor use. For outdoor use, simply substitute AC2 treated lumber. Start building today!
Did your know? A single four foot long 2×4 stud when placed upright can support well over 2000 lbs ?
Plan Number: EHBP-02
Model: L-Shaped Bar
Skill Level: Novice
Length: ~ 96″ front, 96″ side – variable
Layout: Symmetrical, for left or right handed layout. Duplicate corner framing for a U shaped layout.
Estimated material cost: ~$250+
Plan Size: 30 pages
Format: Printable Adobe PDF
PDF format plans can be sent to any printer.
Requires the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fully Symmetrical Design for right or left handed layout.
- Variable Length Width and Height using the CHBD Resizing Tool.
- Can be easily modified for a 45 degree corner.
- Space for top sink.Convenient Foot Rest.
- Beer gutter area for mixing drinks.
- Easy Arm Rail, or use pre-made arm rest molding.
- Plenty of space behind for storage shelving or fridges.
- Can be built as a movable bar or permanent installation.
- Decorate with bamboo & thatch for a great tiki bar.
- Indoor or Outdoor installation.
- Easy to customize.
- Build base model for under $200 in materials.
Finishing off the project with bar stools:
No home bar is complete without a nice set of bar stools. We’ve followed the online bar stool retailers for over 15 years. Wayfair and their Barstools Direct warehouse still offer the best deal in quality bar seating. Shop for Bar Stools
Sample Photos from customers who built this bar design:
Check out the rest of the included plans in the Bar Project Catalog.