Tools Needed to Build Your Home Bar:
What type of tools will you need to build your home bar? Here’s our suggested tools list.
You will likely have many of these tools already, but if not, links are provided to Amazon Marketplace sources.
Most weekend woodworkers will have all of these, if not, it’s time to upgrade.
Suggested Tools to Build our Projects:
Safety Glasses – Never work without them
Gloves, Pencil, Tape Measure
Hammer – hand saw is a cheap but labor intensive alternative to a power saw.
Drill – either corded or cordless. – cordless preferred
Optional Tools that will make these projects easier:
- Circular Saw – Used for making long cuts in plywood or paneling
- Miter Saw – Used for all framing cuts, trim and bar rail – compound not required, but this model is a great deal. Learn more about miter saws on wikipedia.
- Jig Saw – Used for “cut out” area of beer gutter and optional plumbing pass-thrus
- Spade bits for drill – Pocket Hole Jig for optional electrical pass-thrus and cabinet construction.
- Air Powered Finish or Brad Nailer – makes trim work a breeze!
- Small Compressor – needed for air powered nailer above
Fasteners and Adhesives used on all projects
- Wood Glue and Fasteners – used for trim and bar rail wood joints
That’s about all you will need to complete the core bar project. Of course, you will need paint or stain and poly. We have other guides on finishing inside the site. Return to the bar plan set catalog.