- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
January 19, 2005 at 4:04 am #19045Anonymous
I have found that it is no longer really practical to build your own Karaoke system. However, if you really would like to try here’s what you’ll need…
1. A PC, preferably 1Ghz or faster.
2. A good wavetable sound card.
3. A 40watt or better amplifier.
4. Some type of sound processor for voice.
5. Microphone(s) & stands.
6. Karaoke software (VanBasco’s Karaoke Player) found at http://www.vanbasco.com – it’s free!
7. Tons of .kar karaoke files.
8. assorted cables.
Rather than go through all that hassle, we finaly wound up buying a JVC home karaoke system which was bundled with about 100 karaoke CD’s with lyrics.
Both systems have their drawbacks, but after a few beers, who cares, they both sound great!
I’ll add more…feel free to ask any questions.
SteveJanuary 20, 2005 at 3:44 pm #19561Anonymous
I think your right
I already have the software for a pc jukebox it has the option to add the lyrics for karaoke.. Also works with a touch screen so all you neeed to do is hang the monitor up and press and play.
Now to get the bar builtFebruary 1, 2005 at 7:50 pm #19568
What type of software are you using for the PC jukebox? Is there a website for download? What’s the cost? Thankx in advance.February 2, 2005 at 5:50 am #19569Anonymous
The best I have found is VanBasco’s Karaoke Player, and it’s FREE!
[url=http://www.vanbasco.com:2c7m7elc]VanBasco’s Website[/url]November 16, 2005 at 9:30 pm #19765Anonymous
Late reply but..
is where I got my set upMay 12, 2010 at 8:18 am #20438Anonymous
I eventually bought a stand alone machine through eBay that came with at least a hundred disks – but when we used it, people were drinkin’ and things sometimes got out of hand, so we haven’t used it in years. 😆
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.